Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Olyumpus EPL-3 Video settings?

Started by Kevindale222 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Olyumpus EPL-3 Video settings?

8 posts
  1. Hi. Can anyone recommend the best video settings for the olympus epl-3. Can't seem to get very watchable footage.

     

    Thanks.

  2. Hi, I have an E-pl3, but only do a little bit of video. What do you think makes it not very watchable?

  3. It seems a bit jelly like. It most prob is me. Not sure if turnin IS will help at all. Wat have you found with experience?

     

    Thanks a lot.

  4. Yes, turn off all IS on video - its a software based IS - not sensor based - so will give you the horrid jello effect.

     

    Which lens are you using? I was using the 9-18mm (with a Zen dome) and I found the video very soft - even in f5/6 and higher.

  5. With the 14-42 lens, I use manual mode with a shutter speed of 40 and aperture of F6.3, although I never really bother to change this. I actually leave image stabilisation set to IS-1 and I haven't really noticed a problem with this - footage is a lot more watchable than with my other P&S camera. Other than that, C-AF, Fine 1080HD.. and thats about all that you can change!

  6. Trickster I have recently purchased the 9-18mm can you explain what you mean by soft? I will try will IS off and see if this helps.

     

    Thanks seahorse. Wil have a go with playin with manual mode also.

  7. Hi Kevin,

     

    The 9-18mm above water I found good for photo and video - so I think the lens itself is good. But for me using it with the Zen dome (with AF) I found it very soft. I think perhaps I didn't give it enough time, for me to dial in the settings (there might be a sweet spot for this lens! I don't know - I just moved to a GoPro3 which I found easier to work with (for all the personal stuff I was doing)

     

    As a still camera, its one of the best I've used (for what you get for the money) - I've seen some amazing results with it.

  8. Thanks mate. Mayb I'll leave the 9-18mm for video or experiment with it. How do you find the 9-18mm for stills. I have just bought the lens and zen dome and hoping to dive with it for first time this week. :). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Many thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.