Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nex 5t/ Nex 6 -1/160 flash sync max Speed

Started by xabain2003 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nex 5t/ Nex 6 -1/160 flash sync max Speed

5 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    I own a Sony Rx100 with a Inon S2000 in a Meikon Case and I am very happy with the results so fat but I feel the need to progress and have more posibilities, flexibility mainly related to Les Option.

     

    I have putted my eye in the Nex 5T or the Nex 6 but feel stopped by its max flash sync speed of 1/160.

     

    I would like to ask to the Nex series owner How this flash sync limitiation has affected them.

     

     

    Thanks

    Kind Regards

    Xabain2003

  2. These are different cameras. So far my Nex 5r tops at 1/160 for syn speed

  3. its mainly limiting for getting darker backgrounds and for fast moving animals in bright shallow conditions

  4. The NEX-6 does have a hotshoe and theoretically possible to hardwire the N5 connector to it.

     

    S.

  5. i used an off camera flash with my nex 7 and was able to push the sync to 1/200 with no problems. at 250 I was seeing black bars in 5-10% of the frame. this was topside. not uw.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.