Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Philippines crustaceans

Started by Vondo ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Philippines crustaceans

4 posts
  1. These are all from either Moalboal or Dauin. Any help I can get identifying any of them would be appreciated.

     

    The little crab next to the mantis is what I'm trying to ID.

    post-36619-0-67366100-1387737323_thumb.jpg

     

    Some sort of swimming crab.

    post-36619-0-82664700-1387737326_thumb.jpg

     

    What looks like a purse crab. From a night dive.

    post-36619-0-89189100-1387737328_thumb.jpg

     

  2. A hairy crab in the muck

    post-36619-0-49728200-1387737448_thumb.jpg

     

    A hermit crab. I'd say "Dark Knee" but it doesn't have dark knees. Otherwise it seems to match.

    post-36619-0-30357000-1387737451_thumb.jpg



    A mantis but since I can't figure out what the face is, I'm having trouble.

    post-36619-0-66608400-1387737553_thumb.jpg

     

    A crustacean in coral, but can't even start to ID the type.

    post-36619-0-43041900-1387737555_thumb.jpg

  3. Hi,
    1. looks like Lissocacinus laevis
    2. from the family Portunus, maybe sanguinolentus
    3. not really an idea......
    4. could be Platylambrus validus or Daldorfia horrida
    5. hermit crabs are not really my thing, could be Aniculus aniculus.....
    6. would say Gondactylus smithii, the eyes are left, holding its tail in front for defense
    7. closest for me Xenocarcinus conicus

    No guarantee for right ;-))

    Greetings,
    Wolfgang

  4. Thank you very much! I'm away from my books right now, but will look these up when I get home.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.