Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus IBIS underwater for video

Started by gsk3 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus IBIS underwater for video

3 posts
  1. Anyone have tips for using the in-body image stabilization in Olympus cameras for shooting video. I assume the algorithms are optimized for land-based use (i.e. hand trembling rather than water motion).

     

    Any hints as to which mode to use? There are usually at least two modes, sometimes 3 (called, appropriately enough, 1, 2, and 3). Should I disable it entirely?

     

    I'm referring to the earlier bodies, not the 5-axis IBIS seen in the E-M* models.

     

    Thanks!

  2. Howdy,

     

    None of the original IBIS's in the EPL series of cameras is good for any video too be honest, as its software based, not a sensor based one. The sensor based IBIS only works with still photo modes

     

    Rich

  3. Thanks for the response Rich.

     

    I just found this (http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=20618) that makes it clear for the E-PM1 (which I have). I swear I googled before posting the original question ! :-)

     

    I guess I'll just have to learn good technique then.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.