Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom export to edit - PSD or TIFF?

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom export to edit - PSD or TIFF?

3 posts
  1. Lightroom provides the option of exporting images into other editing programs (like Photoshop).

     

    You can set up how the mages are exported in Lightroom's preference panel. I have always exported images as PSD (into Photoshop) and use ProPhoto as the color space.

     

    However I have read recently that Adobe may limit support for PSD files in future in favor of the more universal TIFF option. Please note that I have not read that you will not be able to open, use or edit PSD files :)

     

    How do other export images into editing programs from Lightroom?

     

    All the best

     

    Adam

     

     

  2. Adam

     

    I used to do everything in PSD but when I first got Lightroom, I found it didn't like - and wouldn't import - my layered PSD master files because I hadn't had "Maximise Compatibility" switched on in Photoshop's preferences. I also read stuff about Adobe may at some stage reduce support for PSD as it is not as accepted world-wide as TIFF. All a bit off-putting.

    Using Maximise Compatibility does, I recall, significantly increase file size so with these drawbacks, real and potential, I decided to bite the bullet and switched to using uncompressed TIFF instead of PSD. It was a non-event really and I cannot recall any drawbacks.

  3. Hi there

     

    You said that Lightroom provides the option of exporting images into other editing programs (like Photoshop).I want to know that if it is possible for Lightroom to export tiff image files.

    If it is possible ,i'd like to have a try.Thanks for any suggestions

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.