Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Edge softness with Zen dome for Olympus 9-18mm?

Started by BlueDevil ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Edge softness with Zen dome for Olympus 9-18mm?

1 posts
  1. I am about to get a Zen dome for my E-PL5 in the Oly housing so I can use the 9-18mm lens. I am wondering if anyone can give practical advice as to whether I may encounter edge softness when using this dome?

     

    This article seems to imply that edge softness may be an issue with mini-domes: http://www.amustard.com/?page=pro&ext=pp_minidomes

     

    I am thinking it may not be such a big deal with MFT due to the smaller sensor size giving greater depth of field compared to full frame cameras. Would it still be advisable to use a smaller aperture for greater DOF if possible?

     

    Has anyone found unacceptable degrees of edge softness with this dome and lens?

     

    I also believe that this dome port will accomodate the 12-50 and 60mm macro lens. Any issue with image quality when using these lenses with the Zen dome?

     

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.