Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Anilao Macro Video

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Anilao Macro Video

12 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    Thought I would share my latest from Anilao Philippines. I love shooting macro!

     

    Let me know what improvements I could make, or general comments are always welcome as well. I hope you enjoy.

     

    https://vimeo.com/82585520

     

    Or for those that prefer Youtube

     

     

     

     

    Dustin

  2. Great job, congratulations. :notworthy:

  3. Great job, congratulations. :notworthy:

     

    Thanks...Glad you liked it!

    Dustin

  4. No, I don't like it, I LOVE IT!!!

  5. Very nice.. These days i seem to find myself only watching half of these macro videos, but this kept me interested. Some really nice shots. What did you shoot it with - camera/lens/dioptres?

     

    ..Just read the setup in the vimeo description..

    Edited by kun1
  6. Great.

    Really enjoyed your video.

    The octopus at night , star gazer and the Xmas tree worms opening were really nice.

  7. I love it!

  8. Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

  9. Some nice lighting work there. 3 things:
    1. The sharpening gave the video a hyper reality. The false detail really jumped out at me but obviously, many people didn't notice or mind it.

    2. A few of the clips had a few too many image stabilization blurring (ie the blue ring). If there are too many bad frames, slow what working clip you have down to extend it and throw out the offending frames.

    3. Like your previous clip, it's a nice collection of clips but I feel it needs a bit of a storyline.

  10. Some nice lighting work there. 3 things:

    1. The sharpening gave the video a hyper reality. The false detail really jumped out at me but obviously, many people didn't notice or mind it.

    2. A few of the clips had a few too many image stabilization blurring (ie the blue ring). If there are too many bad frames, slow what working clip you have down to extend it and throw out the offending frames.

    3. Like your previous clip, it's a nice collection of clips but I feel it needs a bit of a storyline.

     

    Awesome Feedback Drew! Thank you.

     

    1. This is the first time I have really ever tried to sharpen footage. There are some clips that I can see what you are talking about. What kind of recommendation do you have using the unsharp mask in premiere with 5dII footage? How much...? When not to use..? etc..

    2. The only clip I used the IS blurring was on the blue ring and it was obviously..LOL. I couldn't get still as I was basically on the surface and the surge was moving me. But never the less....it is a poor clip. I should know better damn it! ;) I should look to fix it...

    3. This wasn't intended to have storyline. Honestly, I am more drawn to artsy shots than small story lines. Having said that...I realize that most people prefer some type of story line. I have a few ideas that I am working on. It is a little harder with macro subjects to create a storyline I am learning. I have already created a film from the Galapagos, that has more of a story line. I haven't posted it yet though.

     

    Again, thanks for the feedback.....Keep it coming.

     

    Dustin

  11. I generally feel for macro/CU shots, H.264 video is sharp enough because the subject fills the screen. That is highly subjective mind you, but it's a lot less intrusive than over-sharpened clips to these tired eyes.

    As for storylines, some OCD types (like myself :)) prefer order. Eels with eels, muck with muck etc. Obviously, you present what you prefer. You can never please everyone. :)

  12. I generally feel for macro/CU shots, H.264 video is sharp enough because the subject fills the screen. That is highly subjective mind you, but it's a lot less intrusive than over-sharpened clips to these tired eyes.

    As for storylines, some OCD types (like myself :)) prefer order. Eels with eels, muck with muck etc. Obviously, you present what you prefer. You can never please everyone. :)

    Thanks Drew. I appreciate the advice. The ordering makes sense...I never really thought about it like that....I am OCD on other things...but that wasn't one of them......maybe now that you pointed it out it will.....;)

     

    Thanks again.

    Dustin

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.