Can someone point me to information about home owner insurance and insuring diving housing/gear please? I'm a home owner and my insurance agent never explain any of those, and I don't think he would understand.
As for SwiftFF5's suggest, it could work in some way depend on the person's buying attitude and situation. I read story about a guy flew all the way from UK to Lembeh, first day during the dive his 5DM3 flooded. He had two choices: finish the rest of the trip without a camera, or pay high price to buy another 5DM3 in remote Lembeh. He did choice #2 and it was lucky that the town has stock.
As a diver on budget, I normally buy camera when they're on sales, we all know that's around Thanksgiving/Xmas. So you could buy a replacement camera a few hundreds dollars below the MSRP. But if it's emergency situation like the Lembeh case, you have to tab into your bank account if you do what SwiffFF5 suggested, but if it's insured, I guess it doesn't matter how much it cost at the location where you buy the replacement camera, the insurance should pay for it whether it's a $5000 5DM3 body or not, right?
Anyway, like I said it could be a decision of what situation you're in and how desperate you are, just a thought.