Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

How to cover internal flash window on Olympus PT-EP05L

Started by Kevindale222 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

How to cover internal flash window on Olympus PT-EP05L

8 posts
  1. Hi, i would like some advice on how to permanently cover the internal flash window on the olympus housings without the use of the silly piece of plastic supplied with the housing. My first thought is black electrical tape. Does anyone have any other more professional ideas, possibly a type of black paint. Im unsure as what to use so any advice would be appreciated.

     

    many thanks

  2. I used a 'Pilot Super Color' black paint marker.

     

    11339893184_43b8df4385.jpg

     

    11888058134_c387474c49.jpg

    Edited by thetrickster
  3. Thanks "the trickster". Will give it a go. Looks perfect for what I want.

  4. Any black marker will work right.

  5. Black marker will not work well. I have tried it myself, I used paint and it came off. I gave up and still use the plastic bit.

  6. Otherwise put the black electrical tape on the inside of the housing, therefore it will last a lot longer than if the tape was on the outside.

  7. The reason why they have left that window is probably because you can fire a wireless flash with a small mirror

     

    Black tape inside the housing is the best option as long as it does not interfere with operation and is not permanent in case you sell it

    Otherwise permanent marker inside works

    Edited by Interceptor121
  8. Thanks. Electrical tape is. Handy as I'm a sparky. :).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.