Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

OMD issue with image size

Started by caroline.power ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

OMD issue with image size

4 posts
  1. I need some technical help. I recently received my em5 and have been playing around with it. So I was very disappointed when I downloaded the photos onto my computer and found that all were only 5.5 inches wide. I was using the L F (large, fine) setting and the pixel width is around 4000. But each and every photo is only 5 ish inches. How do I change the setting so the photos are larger besides the LF setting? Is this a computer glitch, SD card malfunction, or a camera error? I am using Photoshop to process But I opened the jpegs in another program and they were the same size. I increased the size of the photos but the quality went down, as you would expect when making a 5x7 inch photo 24x36 inches. I will be printing posters for work so I need to figure this out.

     

  2. 4000 pixels wide is what the camera shoots in that mode. In your editing program (LR/PS/Aperture/???) you can make the picture 1 inch wide at 4000 pixels/inch or 10 inches wide at 400 pixels per inch or 20 inches wide at 200 pixels per inch or ...

    To make a 24 x 36 inch poster from this size photo is tough.

    Most folks would say that you need at least 240 pixels/inch to get really nice prints so this means that you would need 36 x 240 or 8640 pixels to get a good print. To get from 4000 to 8640 you must interpolate. Interpolation in PS is possible and depending on your picture (if it is full of fine structure you will have trouble) this can work well or not so well.

    Which printer are you using?

    Bill

  3. HI there

    You can use some image processing tools to help you process the image size.

    There are many choices of SDK dealing with images for us to choose from.

    You can download a free trial first.

    BTW, do not use the free online ones.I don't think they have many functions.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.