Hi all,
I have a work trip to South Africa next week and have booked myself to go out on a great white shark diving trip next weekend on one of my days off. While I did ask about scuba diving, the answer was a resounding "no", that I had to stay in the cage, and that the only option aside from a snorkel or breath-hold was to use the hookah system from the boat. During the booking process, I asked about photography, and was told that while I could bring my camera, there was a very clear "no strobes or lights in the cage" policy. I assume this is partly due to space constraints, and partly because it might bother the sharks?
So I have my little G12 with a Recsea housing and a wide angle and a macro lens. I am intending to bring the camera, housing and the w/a lens...But am not so sure on the settings I should be using without strobes or a light? Has anybody done this kind of "near surface" diving before without additional lighting and have any suggestions? And if anybody's done this kind of cage shark dive before, should I leave the w/a lens at home and just stick to the regular flat port?
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
WetPup