Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Is it possible to zoom with Zen Dome DP-100 for Canon 8-15 Fisheye

Started by kannjihyun ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Is it possible to zoom with Zen Dome DP-100 for Canon 8-15 Fisheye

3 posts
  1. Hi there,

     

    I'm kind of interested in using this 4" Zen dome for the Canon 8-15 fisheye. However, the dome seems small. I wonder if it's possible to add a zoom gear to provide zoom functionality to the lens?

     

    Cheers,

     

    Kann

  2. For Nauticam, you would use the Nauticam zoom gear which meshes with the zoom control on the inside of the housing so this is not affected by the port at all. Zen make a version with a detachable shade for using the 8-15mm on a full frame camera for a circular fisheye, I'd get this version.

  3. Thanks Alex,

     

    I'm thinking of getting Nauticam as well. :)

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.