Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Workflow and Colour Correction with Adobe Premier

Started by dewmercer ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Workflow and Colour Correction with Adobe Premier

5 posts
  1.  

    Hi all,

     

    Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't seem to search using Taptalk.

     

    I'm new to video but I'm having great fun with it. Here are some samples of the best I've done to date from Chuuk Lagoon and Lake Crescent.

     

     

     

     

    I really want to get more efficient with my editing and was wondering about developing an efficient workflow from ingestion through final rendering. Is Prelude worth the time for ingestion and rough edit? Also, how do you guys work, (E.g. Ingest, rough cut, sync to music, colour correct, etc)? I typically start with a theme, pick the music then futz forever in a disorganized inefficient cluster f... of frustration. I'd like to skip that part for future projects.

     

    What is really making me nuts is colour correction. As a guy, I really only know 8 colours but Premier seems to think that there is more too it than that and presents a bewildering array of choices that I just don't understand. I typically use the fast colour corrector, randomly mess with it till I find something I almost like and call it good. I'm sure that there has to be some value in the other correctors, scopes etc. but they are beyond my current skill level. Are there any good books or online training sources available? The Adobe training doesn't really address underwater video and is superficial at best.

     

    Thank you very much in advance!!

     

    GO HAWKS!!!

     

    --

     

    Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

  2. Hmmmm, my video links seem to have been deleted. Here they are again.

     

    youtu DOT be SLASH YnLkrJfQrO

     

    youtu DOT be SLASH a_0uc3Yqqh0

     

     

     

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

  3. Creative Cow ave some very helpful tutorials here:-

     

    http://library.creativecow.net/series/Premiere-Pro-Basics-CS6--above-with-Andrew-Devis

     

    As first run I also like to use the fast colour corrector. First thing I do is adjust the tonal range (scopes are useful to use here as they are more accuarate that your eyes) then I get a rough colour correction by using the white balance eye-dropper and then manually adjust from there. I find that is a good staring point. I usually leave the 3-way colour corrector and curves for secondary correction if its needed

     

    Happy editing

    Steve.

  4. As first run I also like to use the fast colour corrector. First thing I do is adjust the tonal range (scopes are useful to use here as they are more accuarate that your eyes) then I get a rough colour correction by using the white balance eye-dropper and then manually adjust from there. I find that is a good staring point. I usually leave the 3-way colour corrector and curves for secondary correction if its needed

     

     

     

    Thanks. The first 1/2 of what you said is the approach I've taken so far. I'll check out the second half tonight.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.