Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Galapagos 2013 Pictures

Started by mcliffy2 ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Galapagos 2013 Pictures

14 posts
  1. We had a fantastic trip to the Galapagos; truly the most spectacular big animal diving I've ever experienced. Here are a few selections.

     

    12031857135_3ae94fd52e_c.jpg
    12032688466_8fac855d52_c.jpg

     

    12032691246_d04380804f_c.jpg

     

    12090827086_aa773b422d_c.jpg

     

    12108257943_485b1c5f10_c.jpg

     

     

     

  2. A trip video is also up on Vimeo:

     

     

    Edited by mcliffy2
  3. Looks like you had a great trip - lots of nice shots! Who did you dive with?

  4. Congrats Michael, absolutely love seeing the schools of hammers are there. Very nicely done. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

     

    Cheers!

    Steve

  5. Really nice! Thanks for sharing.

    Dustin

  6. Looks like you had a great trip - lots of nice shots! Who did you dive with?

     

     

    We were with Galapagos Sky for the live aboard portion, and Silberstein dive centre for the land-based diving. Both did a great job.

  7. Congrats Michael, absolutely love seeing the schools of hammers are there. Very nicely done. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

     

    Cheers!

    Steve

     

    Thanks Steve! There were 100s of hammers on every dive at Wolf and Darwin, groups of 10 or so at Gordon Rocks, and single sharks at a few other sites...so in short, there were lots of hammerheads! The vis wasn't great so it was hard to get a good wide angle shots of the schools, but a few came out OK.

  8. Nice shot! I do have plan to go to Galapagos. May I know which month you were there? Just want to know what time frame would be the best time to go there. Thanks!

  9. That WA shot of the hammerhead school is terrific and is one I'd love be able to take some day. Tell me, how challenging were the conditions when you were there? What were the profiles and water temps?

  10. Nice shot! I do have plan to go to Galapagos. May I know which month you were there? Just want to know what time frame would be the best time to go there. Thanks!

     

    I was there in the beginning of December. It was the week right at the edge between manta/hammerhead season and whale shark season. It was great because we got the best of both worlds. 3 HUGE whale sharks, a few mantas, tons of eagle and mobula rays, and hammerheads galore!

  11. That WA shot of the hammerhead school is terrific and is one I'd love be able to take some day. Tell me, how challenging were the conditions when you were there? What were the profiles and water temps?

     

    The diving and photographic conditions are pretty challenging. There was lower vis (30-40 ft), surge and drift currents (sometimes combined), and you have to wear gloves. I didn't get the hammerhead shots I wanted until our very last dive at Darwin. It came together just in time for me! The dives aren't too deep, most of the time is spent between 40 and 70 ft, and we rarely dropped below 85 ft.

  12. Thanks for the amazing pictures am looking forward to my May trip on the Sky!

  13. Beautiful Images..On my Bucket list !

     

    Thanks for Sharing

     

    Diggy

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.