Sea and Sea D600, 200mm Zen Dome with Sigma 15mm Fisheye
Started by wodepigu ·
5Posts
5Replies
Read-only discussion
Sea and Sea D600, 200mm Zen Dome with Sigma 15mm Fisheye
5 posts
Hi Everybody
Was trying it very recently on a trip and I don't find it to be very satisfying. According to the system chart there is no need for any extension rings. Putting on an extension ring will result is serious vignetting anyway. Does anybody have issues with this setup? Would love too hear your input on this
As of now I get much better results with a token FE and a sx extension ring installed. Thank you!!!
Cheers
Victor
don't find it very staisfying in what regard? Corner sharpness? I have the D800 in S&S housing with Sigma 15mm and the optical dome port (7.2" or about 180mm) with no extension, and am more than happy with the corner sharpness.
Hi Nortoda1
The setup I find just doesn't seem sharp to me even in the center too. I was comparing both the Sigma and Tokina on the trip and the Tokina gives me better results contrary to what I have read around here, so maybe I am doing something wrong here and need help
or perhaps you have an issue with your Sigma. I have read on this forum of others with soft 15mm FE. Mine is tack sharp.
maybe you are right. let me see if i can get another copy of the lens. Thanks for helping me out