So I just got an Oly omd-em5 with a Nauticam housing. We got the hot shoe option because we had cords and are not thrilled with the fo set up. The strobe is a Sea and Sea ys- 90 Auto Duo.
Can't get the strobe to fire. The oly stock asscory flash will work, and tried putting the hot shoe on my old G9, and it will fire the strobe so seems like the cord and strobe are fine.
Is there a setting on the camera we have wrong? It has a nikon style hot shoe. Also scraped the paint off where the forward pin touches on the camera, but still no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.
Corby
The hotshoe that you bought is 25013 Nauticam Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead?
If Yes, this hotshoe is not Olympus compatible, due to Ground contact pin is under the hotshoe (Nikon style) , not in sideway position, due to Olympus cameras have ground contact in this position, and then you will need to change the hotshoe...
Yako:
That's the hotshoe that was installed in the houseing. Thank you so much. I will follow up with the seller.
Corby
Yo're welcome.
Share with us the follow up results with the seller, please...
Yako
I called the seller and they are sending me a ups tag to ship both the camera and housing so they can make good.
Just a little anxious, I have a trip to Raja Ampat and want to be able to practice a bit. I've never had an Olympus camera and menu's seem a bit daunting.
thanks again!
Corby
Yes indeed the menus are fun, but there is a post in the OLY thread about "preferred settings", once you get them down, you should be good to go. Make sure you take the manual or a PDF of it on the trip.
Bill
Bill,
Thanks for the info, I'll look for that. I'm just starting to look around the forums. I always bring the manuals for reference, especially with a new camera.
Corby
Good info here, thanks.
'any updates? I'm interested to learn what Nauticam can/does offer, and how it works (TTL?) with your strobe.