I've been experimenting with low budget 3D underwater for a while. Here's a compilation on youtube:
It suffers from the usual youtube compression problems. I'm interested to see how it works for people with 3D displays or TVs. I found I had to tick the 'swap left and right' box as well as selecting the appropriate 3D display type. best at 1080 obviously.
Feedback welcome. I know there are a few slightly problematic shots in there.
Thanks
I just watched it on my LG tv at 1080 and liked it. Lionfish and the Anthias shots were my favourites.
My 3D TV is only 32" I suspect for an immersive experience it needs to be double that - that's one of the first movies I have watched in 3D so could not even consider myself to be someone who knows anything, but shots that were separated from the edge of the TV seemed to work better in my opinion.
That's good to hear Simon. It looks a lot better as a blu-ray than on youtube. Gotta get out to Lembeh one day- especially as I now have a workable 3D macro setup!
Just did the 'crossed eyes' view on my laptop.
AMAZING - nice work!!
How you film it (which camera(s) ? )
Hi, glad you liked it. I never managed to get the hang of the 'crossed eyed' method! Shot on a couple of different setups- a pair of sony cx550's in a BS Kinetics housing (good for wider shots)- and a single Sony TD10 in a Sealux housing (better for macro/closer work). I have also been using a pair of gopros, which are pretty good when there is plenty of light and you need a very wide fisheye view.