Nice shot! How do you like Anilao compare to Lembeh? I'm going to Anilao March 2013. Not sure if I should set the expectation higher or lower then Lembeh.
thanks for watching it.
As for the Lembeh vs Anilao debate....Lembeh has a higher density of critters, and nicer resorts. However, I would go to Anilao on a 3 to 1 ratio vs lembeh. Lembeh is fantastic, and I want to go back there. But here are the reasons I prefer Anilao...
1. From the USA...Anilao is a piece of cake to get to.
2. The Filipinos are the nicest people I have ever met in my travels.
3. It is overall cheaper to go to.
4. If the critter density in Lembeh is a 10...Then Anilao is probably an 8. Not enough difference to justify the extra expense, and travel time.
5. Viz is much better in Anilao
6. Anilao is cleaner than Lembeh
7. I found the dive guides to be better than the ones I had in Lembeh. This certainly could be debated...
8. The fact that I can fly Delta into Manila and not have to worry about baggage concerns or carry on weight limits for me is a huge bonus.
9. The resort that I stay at...Club O...Is very accommodating, very basic. But they work with you and there is not time pressure at all. I also like the diving schedule they do. 2 dives in the morning, and then two dives at late afternoon and the 4th is a night dive. that is the ideal schedule that I find few operators do.
10. For photo and video, I have found that Anilao was more productive than Lembeh. But that might be due to awesome guides in anilao, vs so so guides in lembeh. Also, more time in the water because, I am spending less time traveling.
I think you will like Anilao. Its inevitable to compare everything about a destination..I do it. But the best is just to go and appreciate what that particular destination has to offer, and not what it lacks. After all any place diving is better that working back at home!
Dustin