Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canon S95 Manual Help

Started by jason_k_02 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon S95 Manual Help

4 posts
  1. I'm pretty new to this forum, and I'm hoping y'all can help me out. I have been shooting with my Canon S95 underwater for quite some time now. I've done quite a bit of reading and research amongst this forum and I have learned a ton of information. My problem is when I'm shooting in manual mode with the Canon S95, my strobe (YS-01) only fires every other or every third photo. I can see the on board flash but the strobe doesn't always fire. I have tried setting the on board flash to low, medium, and maximum in Manual mode but with the same results. When shooting in AV mode, the strobe ALWAYS fires. But I can't seem to get the strobe to always fire in manual mode. If it matters, I have the camera in a Recsea housing and fiber optic cable connected to the strobe. Again, I'm pretty new to this so any help at all is much appreciated.

  2. I shoot the S90 on manual with an Inon D2000. Here are some tips based on that.

     

    Yes lower the in camera flash output using menu.

     

     

     

    I think the main issue is whether your strobe is shooting a preflash and the camera cannot cooperate with that? Sounds like the camera is skiping over a preflash?

     

    The S90 is a preflash camera in any Auto mode, but in Manual it does not work with preflash. Can you change the Sea&Sea output?

     

    I am assuming that the S95 is similar to S90, but believe they are.

  3. Disable red eye pre-flash in s95 setting. When shooting Av Tv P or auto the s95 flash shoots TTL so set the ys-01 to TTL. When you are in manual set the ys-01 to no pre flash. The symbol is the one with one lighting full am done empty

  4. Wow, that was really an easy fix. I can't believe I didn't think about the pre-flash setting. Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me! I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future, but for now it's time to get underwater! Thanks again

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.