I did not find any results when searching for this lens on Wetpixel. I was wondering if anyone had tried it. I have not shot any wide rectilinear primes, and I was curious about their performance. I have a D800 in an Aquatica housing and a 9.25" dome. I am currently shooting a 16mm fisheye, and a 16-35 zoom for my W/A lenses.
Thanks, Doug
Doug,
On several other topics I have suggested that you might want to get in touch with me since I also live in Sarasota. I own a Nikon 14mm f2.8 would be happy to let you borrow it for a few test shots. You can compare it to the 14-24mm zoom if you want.
I also own most of the macro lenses you have discussed recently on WetPixel and would be happy to let you try those as well.
I feel trying a lens yourself is far better than just talking about it. But that requires that you actually get in the water shoot with the lens. And then take the time evaluate the results for yourself. And maybe that's just more effort than you are willing to make.
I'm away for a few days but will be back in Sarasota on March 8th. My phone number is 941 953-7623.
Fred
Fred, we must get together soon! Sorry I have not got back to you on that yet, SMH has been very busy this season. I certainly appreciate your generous offer to borrow your lens, unfortunately I don't have the required extension ring needed for this lens, but am interested in your opinion of the lens performance underwater before I purchase it, and the required extension and focus ring.
Much thanks, Doug
I'm sure we can mount it on one of my D800 bodies in one of my Subal housings. If we can find a good pool, we can shoot it vs the 14-24 and the 16-35 and the 17-35. Just takes time and effort.