Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Darwin's Dream - Galapagos

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Darwin's Dream - Galapagos

14 posts
  1. Hello Everyone,

     

    I wanted to share with you a film I recently made called Darwin's Dream. It was filmed in 5 short days of diving in the Galapagos Islands. I was fortunate enough to win the Bronze award in the Our World Underwater film competition.

     

    Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I hope you enjoy it!

     

    Dustin

     

     

    Or on Youtube

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXyU8MkdjI

     

  2. Awesome! Fantastic viewing.

  3. Really great video.

    Amazing colours.

     

    Great iguana shot, you were so lucky to see orca! Looks like an amazing 5 days!

  4. I told you before, awesome!!!!

  5. Awesome.

  6. Dustin, some nice captures there. A couple of things:

    1. there's a typo on your text @ 0.17. Ecuador, not Equador.

    2. the shark clip at 1.35 is out of focus and also major drop in resolution.

  7. Thanks everyone!

    Dustin



    Dustin, some nice captures there. A couple of things:

    1. there's a typo on your text @ 0.17. Ecuador, not Equador.

    2. the shark clip at 1.35 is out of focus and also major drop in resolution.

     

    I can't believe I mispelled that! I read over it about 10 times...Thanks for letting me know.

    The shark clip, upon further review is out of focus. Thanks for the catch I will try to correct these items and re upload the site. Thanks for the help Drew!

     

    Dustin

  8. The iguanas are awesome, and the orcas are incredible. Are they normal for a Galapagos trip? Also not a single bubble trail or flappy diver through your shots, very nice.

  9. Hi Dustin,

     

    great video especially the orca and iguana :)

    What time of year did you visit Galapagos??

     

    Rob

  10. The iguanas are awesome, and the orcas are incredible. Are they normal for a Galapagos trip? Also not a single bubble trail or flappy diver through your shots, very nice.

    Thank you, unfortunately....there are some divers....and some bubbles. I do really try to keep that stuff out of it. They are hard to, if you aren't looking for them.

     

    As for the orcas...no they aren't normal. Supposedly they will come for a day every few months. It was interesting, because the birds would hover over them, so you knew where they were. If you are wanting whale sharks...and orcas show up.....you are going to be disappointed. The whale sharks head for deeper water, and you won't see any. They were at Darwin...

     

    Dustin

     

    Hi Dustin,

     

    great video especially the orca and iguana :)

    What time of year did you visit Galapagos??

     

    Rob

    Thanks rob. We went in the middle of August on the aggressor boat....

  11. Awesome work. I really like iguana swimming part.

  12. Dustin, some nice captures there. A couple of things:

    1. there's a typo on your text @ 0.17. Ecuador, not Equador.

    2. the shark clip at 1.35 is out of focus and also major drop in resolution.

     

    Drew,

     

    Alright....I fixed it. On the vimeo one only though, since youtube doesn't let you replace videos and keep stats and such. I completely revamped the beginning so there were no misspellings. And did narration instead of words on the screen. And replaced the shark clip that was out of focus. Thanks again for the feedback!

    Dustin

    Edited by Oceanshutter
  13. Great footage. The colours were popping. Great stuff

  14. Great footage. The colours were popping. Great stuff

     

    Thank you stew!

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.