I'm planning on getting the tokina 10-17, and i'm having a difficulty which dome port i should get.
I'm using a T3i in an ikelite housing and as far as i've seen there are 3 dome port options:
8" ikelite modular dome port
6" ikelite standard dome port
5" precision minidome.
read few threads and still havent made up my mind: is the 5"'s corner sharpness better? will the 6" have good results aswell? which should i get?
Regards, Ori
The 8" dome will give you the best optical performance
The 8" dome will give you the best optical performance
What are you basing this on? Have you used all three domes? Do you have sample pictures?
This article on mini-domes by Alex Mustard may be helpful in deciding which dome to go with:
http://www.amustard.com/?page=pro&ext=pp_minidomes
In response to blib's questions, I have used all three domes, and the corner sharpness is best with the 8" when using the Tokina 10-17.
doug, do you maybe have some sample shots with the different domes? cuz im still in a pickle in picking the right dome