Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

The CD-R lifetime Myth

Started by Marc Furth ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

The CD-R lifetime Myth

4 posts
  1. The CD-R lifetime Myth

    I’m shocked about what I read tonight, “The CD-R lifetime Myth”.

    This is well worth reading and I’m sure it will be a HOT debated subject. It’s posted on dpreview.com , here’s the direct link, http://news.independent.co.uk/world/scienc...sp?story=513486

     

    Make sure you read this !

     

    Marc

  2. Interesting and scary article. Personally, I've had some of the first CD-Rs I created back in the days fail to work after a couple of years of use. It is quite possible that it is caused by this aging problem.

     

    The scariest sign for me was watching the silver-coated lining on some CD-Rs peel off like a sticker. Hard drives are way too cheap now-a-days to not have backups of backups of backups.

  3. Marc,

     

    Good catch - this is important!

     

    When you see stuff like this, send it in as a news item, so that we can put it on the Wetpixel homepage.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Hi James,

    Move it over if you think it will best serve our Wet Pixeler’s.

     

    Marc

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.