Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Great Image Browser

Started by laz217 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Great Image Browser

4 posts
  1. Great Image Browser

    In my quest of finding an image browser with good work flow capabilities, I have recently been using Photo Mechanic v4 for Windows. Although there are still some basic features it can definitely use, I have been quite impressed with the speed, features and simplicity of the program.

     

    I'd like to hear some opinions on it and maybe even some comparison with some of the other popular image browsers all of you are using.

     

    Photo Mechanic v4

  2. I just tried photo mechanic, and it seems... fine, but probably not worth the $150 they try to charge you! I didn't like that you have to explicitly "open" contact sheets instead of browsing around with that nice tree view they give you on the left-hand side. I also didn't like that I couldn't figure out how to view something full-screen, given the 3 minutes I used the program. It has some usability issues...

     

    I use:

     

    ACDSee 6.0.3 (with the update, it is actually usable!)

    Really fast viewer, but doesn't support color profiles, so it's not so useful for ... "real" work. :)

     

    BreezeBrowser

    For HTML generation, batch renaming, lossless rotation, EXIF/IPTC manipulation

     

    ThumbsPlus

    Supports full-screen viewing w/color profiles taken into account. A bit slow. If BreezeBrowser would only support full-screen viewing, I'd dump both ACDSee and ThumbsPlus!

  3. For Canon, Breezebrowser is the best of the three listed above (good RAW browsing support).

     

    Capture One also functions well in a browser capacity.

     

    Photoshop CS is deifinitely improved in this regard and I've even been using its (still crappy) browser recently.

  4. I also use BreezeBrowser for my culling even with the D100. Images aren't fullscreen but they're big enough to make decisions on much of the time. I like the histogram display and it's fast. For whatever reason, BreezeBrowser is incredibly slow on TIFF files though! Doesn't support Kodak. :)

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.