Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Neat Video Profiles (GH3 etc)

Started by thetrickster ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Neat Video Profiles (GH3 etc)

4 posts
  1. Anyone played with Neat Video and a GH series camera?

     

    Looking at getting it to clean up ISO800 / ISO1600 video from my GH3 - but wondered if its worth it.

     

    How did you setup your profiles - did you create 1 per ISO stop?

     

    Thanks

    Edited by thetrickster
  2. Downloaded NeatVideo - and firstly WOW.

     

    Super clean ISO6400. Honestly I'm a convert. Never seen something work on noise so well - yet keep the detail.

     

    Going to proceed to make Profiles for each ISO level - will up load. (Not sure if you can share profiles with difference versions, but I'm using the Pro version for FinalCutProX

  3. I'm a big fan of Neat video, which I use with my hacked GH2. I think the higher bitrate from the hack (or 50/72 Mbps with the GH3) really helps the footage withstand post-processing, especially with "marginal" footage. For example, if you have some potentially good but deep wide angle shots spoiled by noise. If you haven't seen this already, you might be interested in the following tutorial:

     

    https://vimeo.com/34890589

     

    Matt

  4. Thanks! That was very useful!!

     

    Interesting that he didn't use the NeatImage provided colour chart (attached)

     

    Some more things to try over the weekend! :D

     

     

    post-43742-0-98055100-1395396629_thumb.png

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.