Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Oly 12-50mm behind zen WA-100dome??

Started by Kevindale222 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly 12-50mm behind zen WA-100dome??

3 posts
  1. Hi.

     

    Does anyone know if the olympus 12-50mm lens will fit behind the zen WA-100 dome and work properly. I know it has a little macro switch on side which I'm not to bothered about as I have a dedicated macro lens. Just thinking the 12-50mm lens is a better lens than he 14-42mm lens.

     

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    I'm using the PT-EP05l housing.

  2. Hi, I had a quick look into this when it first came out, as I thought exactly the same as you. I emailed Cameras Underwater about it, and they said that from the measurements that it wouldn't fit, but they didn't actually have a lens there to test. However as they haven't added it to their website under compatible lenses, then I think it is unlikely that it works. Even if it does fit, then it may well be that the lens is too close to the dome to get sharp shots.

  3. Does the 12-50 lens fit in the PT-EP05L housing? On the specs it does not say that. If it does you can put an m67 air lens like the nauticam wetmate and restore the air field of view. You can't zoom through though

    Other option for this housing is the Inon UWL-H100 28M67 with or without dome wider field of view but most likely less quality than the minidome

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.