Hello, I use a D200 in ND20 housing. So far I have used the Nikon 60mm macro lens and flat port. Whilst a manual focus gear is fitted it has never been used.
Now looking at the 105VR lens and port options.
From what I have read it looks like auto focussing on the 105VR can be a little more tricky than on the 60mm though not impossible.
Subal make a plain flat port and a flat port with built in focus ring - which is much more costly.
Will I be satisfied using autofocus or will I regret not making the greater investment in the manual focus port?
The desire for moving from the 60mm to 105mmVR lens stems from a recent trip to the Lembeh Straits photographing pygmy seahorses and other small stuff. I guess I should also ask whether the move to 105mm is in fact justified.
Are there people out there using this lens purely with autofocus and if so - how happy are you?
.. and all those with the manual focus port - how often do you find yourself actually using the manual focus?