i need to buy a new set of arms and clamps as my old set doesn't really work anymore. It was always a bit too loose, sometimes the clamps didn't arrest the arms in the position i wanted them. Think i wanted to save money with the wrong parts... (as the old set was one of the cheaper ones).
Learned my lesson and now i need/want an arms/clamp combination that really work, where i don't have to tighten the clamps with full force until the arms stay in place...
Which brand can you recommend?
Thx,
Michael
Which ones did you have? I have ultralight and have had the same for many years now. I have been told nauticam are very good also but haven't tested them myself
I also have inon float arm segments
I use ULCS arms/clamps and never had problems that the slip and regulating the clamp with the right pressure you can move the arms without using the clamp and they stay put in a new position.
This works with my INON Z-240 strobes, with bigger heavier strobes it may won't work like this.
If the ball joints start to slip, just change the o-rings for a few buck.
Chris
interceptor21 - i don't know the brand any more, think 10bar or H2O. Bought them a couple of years ago. the clamps bend up after a few months as the arms didn't stay in place and i had to tighten them pretty much. I replaced one with a newer version which was way better, but there are still 5 "old" clamps left...
Now it's time to get rid of them and buy a decent set...
thanks for you replies, i will go for ULCS now.
New ones.
I've been using the same ULCS arms and clamps for over 15 years. Aside from looking a bit dingy, they still work. They've been on 4 different housings and 3 sets of strobes.
I would assume that most of them should work.
I personally use the ULCS and they work nicley for quite some years now.
I have a bunch of I-Das clamps and arms, as well as some Nauticam, and all have been great...no issues at all with them.
I-Das arms are good, and cheap, but their clamps are not that great. I use I-Das arms with Nauticam clamps and it works great.
I have both ULCS (about 3 years old) and i-Das (about 2 years old) arms and clamps. The arms from both brands have held up fine, but the ULCS clamps are definitely holding up better than the i-Das ones. The ULCS clamps look brand new still. The i-Das ones have become squeaky, require the main screw to be screwed back in periodically and have lost some of their black coating. They still get the job done, but I'll probably replace them with ULCS ones when they die.