Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

RED Dragon's first trip underwater

Started by Sean Ruggeri ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

RED Dragon's first trip underwater

4 posts
  1. Hello All,

     

    I would like to share this link to a video that I produced and edited showcasing RED's new Dragon sensor on it's first trip underwater back in Dec. All content was shot by myself, Justin Jones, Bob Cranston and Johnny Friday:

     

    http://www.red.com/news/epic-dragon-goes-underwater-with-bob-cranston-and-johnny-friday

     

    I've been lurking on this forum for a bit but I would like to step into the light and offer up any help I may be able to provide as it pertains to RED cameras. I have been with RED since the beginning and I am personally invested in helping with RED's underwater progression...

  2. Hi Sean,

     

    There are a few of us on here using Epics, I think we are all waiting for Dragon upgrades to become available.

     

    Wetpixel is way less combative than the reduser underwater area, so a few other users may come out of the woodwork. :)

     

    Welcome to the forum.

  3. Johny Friday is a Wetpixel member I believe. I hope he comes out of the woodwork soon :)

     

    That stuff he did with the Red Dragon is brilliant. Better on 4K TV.

     

    Yeah welcome to the forum Sean

     

    Cheers

    David

  4. Haha, Bob forgot his fins! That Deep Pulsar looks very stable.

     

    As you may know, another member, MJVC, shot the Epic Dragon in South Africa last year on the sardine run. I've been bugging him to show some outtakes but he's resisting! ;)

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.