Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

my first encounter with "The Fish"

Started by mailato ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

my first encounter with "The Fish"

9 posts
  1. Diving around in Burmese waters for 8 days with poor visibility and nothing big to see until 7th day came.

  2. Very nice footage and edit! Thanks for sharing.

    The whale doesn't look very large (although quite impressive already), or is it just me?

    A little detail I noticed is that there seems to be what looks like a fish trapped in one of its right gills... It so nagged me, I was wondering whether a diver would try to grab it. I wonder whether that why it came close to you several times?

  3. Nice video ,

    With witch outfit you dove ?

    Frank

    Edited by frank70
  4. Thanks. It was about 4 meters. A bit small but I think it still counts as a whale shark I guess...

     

    3mm full suit.

    Edited by mailato
  5. Hi mailato ,

    As a not native enlish speaker i think i had my wording wrong , i was asking about the operator for the trip !

    I'm looking at going next year with "the smiling Seahorse " and was wondering if this was the operator u used !

    Thanks.

    Frank

  6. :)

    I dove with Deep Andaman Queen.

  7. Thanks , will check them out !

    Frank

  8. Nice video. It does look like an unfortunate remora has got itself stuck in a gill.

     

    I also saw a small whale shark at Western Rocky a few years ago. The only time I saw one there in many many dives. I was looking to see if the markings match. They don't, and I expect mine would be bigger by now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6lpDsBYX6A&t=3m17s

  9. Thanks Nick. Nice sharks on your video.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.