- 14Posts
- 14Replies
Read-only discussion
Critter Planet
-
Hello Everyone,I have finished another short film. It is called Critter Planet. It has some old and new footage in it. But it also has a story line. Also, I have added some timelapse from the International Space Station. I downloaded over 150,000 pictures to try to get what I came up with for moving earth sections. Whats even cooler, is that they allow anyone to use it free of charge! (as long as you give them credit). Let me know what you think.Please like, share and comment!Or for Youtubers!
-
Very nice, thanks.
-
Very very nice indeed!
At firt sight I said: "this should be some new google earth version!"

-
Very nice, thanks.
Thanks,
Very very nice indeed!
At firt sight I said: "this should be some new google earth version!"

Thanks David...i prefer not to let Google have this stuff....they seem to be taking over the world.
-
Terrific!
-
Very nice work Dustin.
-
Enjoyed your short movie. Very professional!
-
Thanks Everyone. I am glad you liked it.
Dustin
-
For a 5 minute video, I just spent about an hour clicking through your videos. Very cool!
-
For a 5 minute video, I just spent about an hour clicking through your videos. Very cool!
Thanks. I am glad you liked it along with my other videos. Thanks for your comment as well.
Dustin
-
One of my friends (a non-diver) just forwarded a link to your video to me. Said that he had seen it and was very impressed, and wanted to make sure that I had seen it. So, even non-divers like it, and are impressed.
-
One of my friends (a non-diver) just forwarded a link to your video to me. Said that he had seen it and was very impressed, and wanted to make sure that I had seen it. So, even non-divers like it, and are impressed.
That is good to hear! I really like to get the non divers engaged and normally have a pretty good reaction, because these macro/critter videos normally shows things that they have never seen. Personally, I find them more interesting than the sharks/whales/dolphins...only for the sheer fact it seems that kind of video is all that people see.
Having said that....I am stoked to be going to Socorro in the next week and hopefully get some good sharks/whales/dolphins...LOL!

Dustin
-
Great lighting and sharpness Dustin. What rig did you use for this.
150,000 images, that's dedication.
Stew
-
Great lighting and sharpness Dustin. What rig did you use for this.
150,000 images, that's dedication.
Stew
Thanks Stew.
I used a 5d Mark II with a 100mm macro lens and at times the subsee diopter.
As for the images, that's how many I downloaded from the NASA site and transformed into the timelapse sequences. 98% of them went unused, as they are kind of hit and miss with stability and quality.
Nonetheless, went through a bunch. I am planning on doing a timelapse only video, that should be pretty cool. Since I have done most of the work, might as well put something together...
Dustin