Adobe Lightroom for iPad released (more platforms to follow)
Started by Jock ·
7Posts
7Replies
Read-only discussion
Adobe Lightroom for iPad released (more platforms to follow)
7 posts
Today Adobe released the long-awaited app.
BUT: Seems it is not sold separately, but only as part of Adobe Cloud with a subscription and monthly fee.
For me, as an amateur photographer who uses the iPad during dive trips for saving files, that means: Forget it!
Jock
Jock,
the PC or Mac Adobe Creative Cloud applications don't need a always on internet connection. The software runs and stores completely on your computer and only need to connect each 30 or 90 days
to the Adobe server to verify your subscription.
I played around with Photoshop Creative Cloud and i like it, what i don't like is that you can buy ONE application for a reasonable price (30 Euros/Month) but if you need more it becomes expensive as you need the full version and this is somewhere around 80 Euros a month for a lot of software i/you probably don't need.
Chris
Is it part of the photographers package? I pay (I think) $10/month for LR and PS. I will see if I can download it to my iPad.
Bill
it is part of the photographers package for $10/m. which i think compares well price wise. LR upgrades are $80 per year. I figure I just get photoshop for another $40. I downloaded it and it looks basic put a reasonable first start. Looking forward to how I might use this as part of a mobile workflow.
Bill,
i checked that yesterday and it is as follows: - 9.99$ + taxes per month for Lightroom 5.3 Desktop, mobile + web + Photoshop CC 1 year Creative Cloud membership - price is locked for 1 year, after it will change (and most likely not lower ...) - it runs on Windows 7or 8, Mac OS X v10.7 or v10.8 and iOS7 and greater. Available for iPad2 and later
Every program more cost 19.99+Taxes or all together 599.88$ per year As i would need Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator InDesign and Premiere it would be cheaper to get the full package, but it is still hefty 599.88$ per year ( but still cheaper than buying the programs ... )
Chris
If you already have a plan with a monthly fee, okay.
But if you have bought the PC/MAC Standalone version of Lightroom the app is useless. You MUST subscribe and pay a monthly fee to use the app.
BTW Just checked the app store again, the first update is out already... And yesterday there were five negative comments about this forced subscription. Today, at the time of writing this comment, they are gone. Strange...
If you already have a plan with a monthly fee, okay.
But if you have bought the PC/MAC Standalone version of Lightroom the app is useless. You MUST subscribe and pay a monthly fee to use the app.
BTW Just checked the app store again, the first update is out already... And yesterday there were five negative comments about this forced subscription. Today, at the time of writing this comment, they are gone. Strange...
comments are on a version by version basis. you have an option to click on current version (default) or "all versions"
27 comments as of writing for the current version. 40 something for the all versions.