Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Advice on housing for D90 (Hugyfot?)

Started by belgiumdiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice on housing for D90 (Hugyfot?)

6 posts
  1. Hello from Belgium,

     

    I've been a diver for almost 20 years.

    Now I would like to combine my diving with my other passion, taking photo's.

    I have a underwatercompact camera (sony cybershot with se&sea ys-26) , but for 6 years I've been using nikon D90 with a collection of lenses above water.

     

    I would like to buy a decent slr housing for my D90 and use my nikon 60mm 2.8D macro and tokina 11-16mm 2.8.

    In Belgian diving magazine's there are ad's for hugyfot housings.

    Any advice on them? Experiences, pro / contra's?

     

    thanks for the help

     

     

     

  2. I would look for a used housing in the classifieds. The D-90 is a couple of generations behind (although it will do just fine for underwater work) so a used housing should be available.

  3. Any experience with hugyfot in general?

    thanks

  4. All of the Hugyfot owners that I've met in the last few years are very pleased with their housings, for what it's worth.

  5. I had
    1 Ikelite Fuji E-900 housing

    1 Ikelite D90 housing (for sale)

    I have
    1 Patima Canon G11/12 housing

    1 Hugyfot Nikon D7000 housing (for sale)
    1 Hugyfot Nikon D800 housing

     

    Ikelite
    PRO: good priced housing, well built and the transparent acrylic housing has some advantages as you can see trough
    CON: bulky, you can't use optical cables with their D90 housing.

     

    Hugyfot
    PRO: good priced alluminium housing, fail safe bolt lock, vacuum and leak detector included, good choice of ports, small sized, good customer service
    CON: button position on original camera button location can make one hand use dificult (but you have the buttons where the camera has it, easy to remember)

     

    I have made about 300 dives with both housings and i never had the slightest issue with them and my next housing will be another Hugyfot.

     

    As you live in Belgium i suggest that you go with Hugyfot as you have the service just in your front yard!

     

    Chris

    Edited by ChrigelKarrer
  6. I had my D90 housed in a Nauticam housing.

    It was perfect for me. Ergonomically well designed, easy to handle, excellent port lock system, optical strobe control built in.

     

    I would second the suggestion to look at the Classifieds here and on ScubaBoard.com.

    I successfully sold my D90 housing here.

    Edited by DocTock
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.