I will furnish the message exchange (a grossly inacurrate and defamatory statement, above) to anyone that cares.
The original post clearly stated the shade was cracked through the screw hole (it is). It was patched with epoxy, under the direction of input from Ikelite (it is a Delrin plastic). Further price concessions were made on price. At no time did I "refuse more pictures" (did someone twist his arm to buy a patched shade???).
A photo of the shade, immediately before the patch was made is enclosed. There were no gouges, nothing. A clean patch was made (see original post of the patch on the shade, on the right side of the photo, or one, below). Again, this was disclosed in a message exchange with the person, above, as well as clearly listed in the posting.
Three e-mail exchanges, further re-iterating the crack was made on 14 May
dpaustex, on 14 May 2014 - 12:50 PM, said (in gray area) (Mr. Manfra's comments below gray area).
I have a $365 offer for the macro stuff (to your $350). Will do the dome for $250, plus the $365, shipped.
I double checked and I'm glad I did..
for the 8" dome to work, I'll need to pick up a 5510.11 port, you don't happen to have one do you?
for the 100mm to work I would need the 5510.16 + 5510.75 + 5510.35... Since you have another offer for the macro setup I'll let you sell it to them.
I am interested in the dome assuming it is in good shape and there are no scratches on the visual portion of it? (I don't care if the shade has a scratch or two)
At the moment put me down for the dome, pending more detailed information on it's condition and if you happen to have the 5510.11 sitting somewhere.
Thanks
Eric
.
The response by me was:
Sent 14 May 2014 - 01:30 PM
I can sell you the dome, shade, and a 5510.11 for $360.00, shipped. Will have new o-rings.
The shade did crack through one of the set-screw holes and has been patched.
Dome is pristine. Includes foam cover, too.
To which Eric ulimately responded:
Sent 14 May 2014 - 06:04 PM
no problem on the macro stuff and I understand if you want to sell it all as a package. I'm sold on the wide angle setup..
I live over-seas (in Bermuda) but i'll be shipping this to a forwarder, do you think you can write and include a receipt in the package and via email saying I paid $200 for the whole thing? This will save me $30+ bucks on taxes, I'll pay you the full amount and the shipping address is in NJ/NY so you will be sending it to a US address. I just need you to make sure you package it well and secure.
I'm fine with the $365 and can pay via paypal.
Let me know if you are ok with all of this and we can work out payment.
Thanks
Eric
The package - which is fully wrapped in bubble wrap - is delivered (sorry, I didn't personally drive it from Texas to New Jersey). No contact for five days after it was delivered. Then I get an email saying the shade was cracked. Uh, yeah, I said that in the post. I am then told I need to "split the cost of a new shade". Uh, the post said it had a patch, so how does getting a pristine dome (he sent me that in a message), with a known crack, entitle you to a new sahde???? Pictures finally were forthcoming, and included a crushed box, and the fact someone has removed the patch (conveniently not mentioned in the person's post), and gouged the shade. Excuse me, the post says it is cracked/patched, and you take delivery of a crushed box without saying anything to the Post Office, AND you scratch it up removing the patch??? (I am assuming he didn't crush the box, to further support his inanity).
I suggested he buy $5 tube of exoxy and reglue. Considering I gave a further $35 price concession on the item ($360 used for $525 new price items), told him it was cracked in message exchanges and the original posting, I'm not sure what this unreasonable person expects. You can see from the other pix of my gear that I take exceptionally good care of it - then he posts a bogus pix??? All in an attempt to extort money for an item properly described in the ad, and in PM's. Geesh.
He also wants me to lie on the payment amount, above (see highlite), in support of him falsifying a government document. Honest guy.
Then he comes on here and flames me? In hundreds of transactions (mainly on Ebay), I've had zero complaints. Zero. As an engineer and business owner, I take exception to people that buy used items, items that have full disclosure, have conversations about the items, then they mis-state the situation - even threatening me in e-mails. Classic.

