Does anybody that have access to a GH3 housing, also have access to a housing for the GX7 and/or the NEX-6 for size comparison? Pictures of the different housings side by side from multiple angles if possible. Possibly a small DSLR housing to compare as well would be great.
Im trying to decide on a camera and the GH4 looks promising. It might be a bit too big for my taste though so if anyone have held and seen the different cameras and housings could chip in it would be great, and of course pictures even better. I do not particularly like the GX-7, GM-1 and NEX-series due to its annoying AVCHD codec on movies, but I do like the size on these models.
Just by compare the camera side by side you could expect how much bigger the housing could be relative to the other. Of course you can't "visualize" an Ikelite housing next to a Nauticam housing for the same camera.
I suggest you choose one of the camera you currently have, and choose a camera that you're interested to buy, and see how much bigger and imagine holding it in your hand. If you already have the housing for your currently camera, then you can expect how much bigger it could be for the camera you're interested at getting.
Moses
Thanks, thats quite a useful site
Nerd alert... I was (hope to be again) looking at similar choices. From the Nauticam manuals;
Model Width mmDepth mmHeight mmMass kg
NA-GH32051151541.41
NA-GX7193991281.08
NA-EM51851051521.1
PT-EP011791661561.1
From the figures above the GH3 housing doesn't seem to be that much bigger, so maybe just as well go with the better camera then. But seeing and holding a housing is different to comparing numbers even though they give a good indication.
Here is a quick comparison of NA-650 for Canon Rebel T5i, GH3, and NEX-6:
Perfect, thanks a lot! Just the thing I was looking for From the pictures I seems like the housing for the GH3 is significantly smaller than the T5i (disregarding the handles), and only a little bit bigger than the NEX-6. Makes me a bit more confident about the size of the housing for GH3 and 4 in regards to my taste.