Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adding links to photoshop web galleries

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Adding links to photoshop web galleries

5 posts
  1. Adding links to photoshop web galleries

    Hi Wetpixelians,

    I am a neophyte when it comes to web design, and don't want to go into learning html...I'd rather spend my time underwater than in front of a computer! I have created a simple website using Publisher for the home page and Photoshop 7 for creating web galleries. Problem is, the galleries are a dead end, in terms of navigation, as there is no way, that I can tell, to ad a link back to the home page. Anyone have any simple ideas that don't involve masses of cash and a brain transplant that will enable me to make the link back to the home page or between pages, which of course, would be even better?

    Marli

  2. depends on if your willing to edit each page or just let people use their back button.

     

    I mean you are gonna have to edit some html code if the program doesn't do it for you.

    The easy solution is to have it open in a frame on the main home page, but frames may also be considered more than you want to do. If you want certain things to work how you envision them, the reality is you may have to put some time in learning or working on it.

    Or yes spend money on something that does it for you.

    Maybe someone more techy than me has an answer, Im going with frames for current situation.

    I dont think photoshop will add navigation into it

  3. I don't believe Photoshop can add navigation links, although I may be wrong.

     

    Another option is to check out HTML creation software like BreezeBrowser (or equivalent), which lets you enter a home page to go back to. It has spiffy templates, too.

  4. Another option is to get an HTML editor that can do "batch" commands. You can ad a "Back to Home" link at the bottom of each of the pages in the /pages folder that Photoshop creates. Once you got the hang of that, it would be easy.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. Been using Dreamweaver since it first came out, it has a great search and replace function that's flawless... might try it, can download a trial at http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/tdrc/ind...uct=dreamweaver

     

    The full product costs about $400 but, to me, its worth 10 times that (I maintain and create lots of web sites...). I also create quick photo galleries using Photoshop (7, CS) and then in seconds using Dreamweaver I can update and match them to any site I like.... Dreamweaver also comes with tons of tutorials, etc. and its online support community is amazing. Good luck!

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.