Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Making the FlexiTray Stronger..

Started by thetrickster ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Making the FlexiTray Stronger..

2 posts
  1. After attaching my NA-NINJA2 to my NA-GH3 - it came apparent that I need to brace the Flexitray to the housing to get everything stronger. For the bigger (and now some Mirrorless Housings) Nauticam neither incorporate the handles into the housing - or provide screw in brackets to attach the housing to the Flexitray - the NA-GH3 doesn't have these - nor to many others.

     

    13993384696_0d09c5121c.jpg

     

    14013304792_b5f7d7446f.jpg

     

    So using 2x ULCS Triple Clamps and a 200mm arm (here I'm using a cheap i-Das one) and tie wrapping it to the Ball Connector on the housing (in the photo, just above the i-Das logo), I've strengthened the Flexitry and made the whole unit more solid. The good thing about all this, is that it all comes apart for easy travelling.

    Anyone got any better ideas? Done it a different way?

     

  2. Nice idea, and well executed. I want to do something similar, but dont want to block the cold shoe mount because that is where i put my focus light. I have benn thinking about fabricating an aluminium bar with a kink. That might be a good rainy season project.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.