Hi all,
I wonder what people are using as a lens of choice falling between the 100mm macro and the 8-15 Fisheye.
Thanks in advance
Alex
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Alex_Tattersall ·
Read-only discussion
Hi all,
I wonder what people are using as a lens of choice falling between the 100mm macro and the 8-15 Fisheye.
Thanks in advance
Alex
Looking at the Nauticam port chart your only option for full frame is the 24mm lens? LOL
Ideally you would want a 35m behind a flat port to give you the standard land 50mm portrait format but seems like this does not exist for full frame in terms of nauticam ports?
Why not the 16-35? It is pricey but a great lens.
Bill
16-35 for me as well.
or 17-40
Was the 17-40 on the port system not apsc?
The 17-40 works on full frame or APS-C Canons if that is what you were asking
Hi Alex. I have the 16-35 II with the gear but have not used it underwater yet.
Wanted to try it on sharks last year at Palau but that got cancelled. Maybe this june with the leafies in aussie.
I use the 17/40 with an 8" dome with a +2 to help with the corners. Super sharp lens with really good contrast. 9" min. focus. The corners are not a problem for me - I just shoot to crop if that's not heresy. Much cheaper than the 16/35 which is better at the corners I believe.
Other than tose two, the only other option is the 24/105 which few people use and seems to attract mixed reviews. 18" min. focus is a drawback I think.
Canon 50mm Macro works perfectly for fish portraits on the full frame - shoot it using a compact port base and 15mm compact port.
Anyone used the Sigma 50mm f/2.8 Macro?
I had a go with the 24-105, probably with the wrong extension rings, and it didn't work well (at all). I've been trying to decide between the 16-35 and a 50mm. The only thing that would stop me going prime would be how many people are using the 16-35 for video.
Between 8-15 and 100 macro I use 16-35 II a lot. If fish portraits the Sigma 50mm macro with either flat or dome port, depending on probable size of fish targeted.
The 16-35 II is quite useful, and the Sigma 50mm goes to 1:1, which is likewise handy and it is quite sharp. It is the only non-canon lens I use, and only because the Canon 50mm macro does not go to 1:1.
16-35 II or 17-40mm.
I like to shoot video with 16-35 because is bit more sharper.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.