Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

5D mkII and YS-D1

Started by garystuartneal ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

5D mkII and YS-D1

3 posts
  1.  

    I have recently purchased a canon 5d mark 2 with the sea and sea Mdx housing. I have been using 2 YS-D1 strobes for a while with a digital camera but as I have now upgraded I have bought a dual sync cable to use them together with my mark 2. However when I connect them to the housing with the dual sync cable they never flash. I have my mark 2 in flash mode and I can't figure out why this won't work. Can anyone please help? I used a single ikelite strobe for a while and this worked fine

  2. In the menu of the 5d set the flash mode to manual then set the YS-D1 to no preflash

    The setting Auto could work with pre-flash (but is useless as you don't have a TTL converter)

    Shutter speed should be 1/200 or less or it won't sync

  3. You sure you're using the right cable, with the right bulkhead on your housing? I have a Mk III in an Aquatica, but have a Nikonos bulkhead, going to Ikelite strobes. The pins LOOK similar, but are not.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.