Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Ikelite 8" Domeport with Nikkor 10.5mm shade in frame

Started by Gal Nitzan ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite 8" Domeport with Nikkor 10.5mm shade in frame

5 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Yesterday was my first UW shooting with my new Ikelite D7100 housing (2 DS161) and with Ikelite 8" dome port with 2.75" extension recomended by Ikelite for the Nikon 10.5mm.

     

    For some reason all my shots had my dome shade (sample attached).

     

    I know I can remove the shade, however, if its the recommended size shouldn't it fit perfectly? am I missing something?

     

    I have followed all manual instructions and I could not find any mention of this problem.

     

    I guess I did something wrong. Has any one ran into this problem with a similar setup?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Gal

    post-46712-0-29523000-1399319717_thumb.jpg

  2. Can you post a picture of your port extension and dome please?

  3. Hi, Its the same as the one in the link in my post. The port was threaded snugly all the way to the extension.

     

    Gal.

     

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  4. He wants to see if you have the shade turned wrong, If its 90 degrees off, you will see the port.

     

    Hi, Its the same as the one in the link in my post. The port was threaded snugly all the way to the extension.

  5. Ohhhh , of course it was assembled wrong.

     

    Thank you so much.

     

    Gal.

     

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.