Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

A Circular Experiement

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

A Circular Experiement

7 posts
  1. Hello Everyone,

     

    I played around with the circular end of the 8-15mm fisheye on a few dives in Komodo. It is kind of fun. I thought motion made it more interesting. The distortion and view of the reef is interesting as well. It certainly isn't something you would film with on a regular basis. Unless you had a specific idea you were going for. I am curious to know if there is a way to make the circle not cut off on the top and bottom.

    Anyway, let me know what you think.

     

    Dustin

     

     

    Or Youtube

     

     

     

     

  2. If you get a lens is too small for the sensor, you'll get a complete circle...

  3. Curious!!

  4. It has a fun "looking down on the planet" feel.

  5. I liked the effect for some of the clips, (e.g. the turtle and the flat table corals). I didn't like the spinning globe effect that you used a couple of times - had to grip the arms of my chair. But a couple of these inserted carefully into a normal wide-angle sequence would be quite a powerful way of grabbing an audience - as long as you don't make them seasick!

     

    :)

  6. It has a fun "looking down on the planet" feel.

    Thanks Allison.

  7. I liked the effect for some of the clips, (e.g. the turtle and the flat table corals). I didn't like the spinning globe effect that you used a couple of times - had to grip the arms of my chair. But a couple of these inserted carefully into a normal wide-angle sequence would be quite a powerful way of grabbing an audience - as long as you don't make them seasick!

     

    :)

     

    Thanks for the feedback peter. But I think you are right, in the right circumstance it could be used.

     

    Dustin

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.