Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Bayonet mounts for wet lenses

Started by uswclw18 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Bayonet mounts for wet lenses

6 posts
  1. I have an RX100 Nauticam housing. Does anyone know where I can get bayonet mountings for wide angle and macro wet lenses? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

  2. Just be aware that those adaptors add some distance to the position of the wet lens which may affect the optics. You may find, for instance , that your wide angle wet lens vignettes when you use it with an AD or LD mount.

  3. The AD mount on the reefphoto website only works with 28AD lens. There is no vignette with the UWL-100 28AD and dome.

    For what concerns the LD mount I have not tested it with the RX100 housing but the lens doesn't sit as close as it does with the fix adapter. There won't be any vignette with the UWL-H100 as flat lens but there is potential vignetting in the corner with the dome. Check this for more information

     

    https://interceptor121.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/which-fisheye-lens-for-the-rx100/

    Edited by Interceptor121
  4. I have used the UWLH-100 28LD flat lens and recently the dome port with s95. I can confirm interceptors point - no vignetting with the WA lens alone, but slight evidence with the dome port. I found the LD mounts very flexible and easy to change underwater quickly.

  5. Thank you so much for the responses. I have found and ordered bayonet mountings for my lenses based on your responses. This was so helpful. Thanks again.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.