Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon SL1 / 100D Gear Test

Started by RanMozaik ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon SL1 / 100D Gear Test

5 posts
  1. We just came back from testing the Ikelite package with the 18-55 lens and we were very pleased with the results.

     

    Haven't had a chance to try it out with the Tokina 10-17 but I must say I loved the range I had with the 18-55.

    You can get some really nice wide, mid-range shots and even some close-ups nearing macro.

    I used a single YS-D1 with the setup, and encountered some odd issues where the strobe would fire a second time after each shot. Sync was OK but batteries drained faster because of this issue...

     

    Here are some shots and a link to the short review:

    http://blog.housingcamera.com/product-reviews/package-review-canon-eos-rebel-sl1-100d-ikelite-housing

     

    Eilat-SL1-Day2_0207-1024x733.jpg

     

    Crop-Sample-744x1024.jpg

     

    iso2-1024x786.jpg

     

    Eilat-SL1_0031-1024x733.jpg

     

    Eilat-SL1_0038-1024x733.jpg

  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures on this

    setup !

  3. Any thoughts on split shots? Or is the dome just a bit too small?

  4. Ive had that strobe problem with Ikelite (Canon SLR) using Ikelite strobes. I wonder if it might go away with a fiber optic cable?

  5. Any thoughts on split shots? Or is the dome just a bit too small?

     

    Works great for split shots.

    The bigger the dome, the better and easier split shots will be. And this dome is indeed rather small, but it's still possible.

    Closing down your aperture will improve focus on both topside and bottom.

    If you get the Tokina 10-17mm, it'll be much easier to get cool split shots! and it works under the same dome.

    Ive had that strobe problem with Ikelite (Canon SLR) using Ikelite strobes. I wonder if it might go away with a fiber optic cable?

     

     

    That shouldn't happen with Ikelite strobes...

    You can't really use fiber optic cables with this housing since the flash is blocked, so there's no way to trigger them.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.