Attaching a Subsee +10, 67 mm to a flat dslr flat port without using the subsee adapter?
Anyone knows how?
Please
Thank You
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Oceantony ·
Read-only discussion
Attaching a Subsee +10, 67 mm to a flat dslr flat port without using the subsee adapter?
Anyone knows how?
Please
Thank You
Is there a thread on your dSLR flat port. If it has, then you need to get either a step up or step down ring. Those rings made for land can be used underwater as well.
Moses
Which port are you using?
Alex thank you for your response a flat standard Ikelite port with the black plastic edge
Dear Tony,
I was recently looking for a way of mounting my diopters on my Aquatica MF macro port and found a bunch of great products, only thing is that I think the prices were a bit steep for such a simple thing.
I actually ending up buying a plastic food container that fits my port, did a bit of cutting, made some holes for air to escape and it works like a charm. The fit is very strong, actually its strong enough that I have no problem walking around with the diopters on my housing on land without worrying about them falling off, and it ended up costing me only 2$ and half an hour of work ![]()
Having said that, the adapter from Ikelite is "only" 50$ and it looks like it will do the trick as well ![]()
Have fun with the critters!
Best regards, Morten
Thanks a lot to all the responders!!!!!
Here is another alternative if those don't work out. I got one of these for my Sea & Sea flat port and it works decently. I did have to remove the rubber boot that Sea & Sea puts over the front corner in order to use it. I don't think Ikelite has a boot.
http://www.fun-in.com.tw/oc/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=67mm+adapter&product_id=1002
Thanks Wolf for your help a friend is making a custom made for me
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.