Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Report on Sigma 150mm for super macro

Started by TomR1 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Report on Sigma 150mm for super macro

2 posts
  1. On my recent trip to the Philippines, only one day, at Apo Island, was the visability good enough to use the 150mm. All other days I needed to be closer to the subject. As a result I was only able to make three dives with the 150mm.

     

    Even in clear water using the 150 limits you to small subjects. However, using the +5 Sub See yeilds an good macro shot.(see feather star shrimp). However I did not think the shots were as crisp as with a 105.

     

    I have not given up on the 150mm but so far I am unimpressed.

     

    Tom

    post-1589-0-23613000-1401295451_thumb.jpg

  2. Thank you for the input.

    This encourages me to continue to try to house a 70-180 or just use the 105.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.