Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

What have I done?!?!

Started by laz217 ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

What have I done?!?!

15 posts
  1. What have I done?!?!

    I woke up this morning and something seemed strange.. Here I was at work just thinking about the weekend.. Thinking about going out kayaking, maybe taking a few photos with my Olympus, going to the Jimmy Buffett concert, maybe sneaking in a dive on Sunday and suddenly.. BOOM!! I had a dejavu and I saw the same person pass twice passed by cubicle. "Hmmm.. Am I in the Matrix?" I asked myself.

     

    Suddenly I look down and there's a paper with a bunch of numbers on it.. a couple of print outs to one corner.. and up on the screen....

     

    AN ORDER FOR A NIKON D70 CAMERA!!!

     

    Ahhh!! I took the Green Pil!! What have I done?!?!

    Life will never be the same again!

     

    :)

  2. If I understand right you must now be headed for the Aquatica site to get the first D70 housing off the line too. Am I psychic? :)

     

    And,...So you do work!LOL

     

    I think I like you Laz, I was just listening to Jimmy myself

  3. WOOHOO! Welcome to the dark side!

     

    Cheers

     

    James

  4. <Insert wicked laugh here> Another one succumbs to the decreased noise and higher gadget factor of a dSLR.

     

    Seriously Laz, congrats, I'm sure you'll do well with it...

     

    Tom

  5. Laz,

     

    Nikon D70! Oh the horror!!!! Now I guess I have to try and sway you to housing that puppy in an Ikelite SLR-DC housing....After all, you already are a "plastic" housing kind of guy enjoying seeing that your electronic marvel is safe and sound :)

     

    The Shearwater will evidently be hosting the Nikon D70 versus Canon EOS300D "shootout at the El Dorado Shark corral" !!!!

     

    Once you go dSLR there's no turning back, either.....Congrats on your purchase :)

     

    Sounds great Laz....

     

    David Haas

     

    P.S. - Email "Jimmy Da' Fish" as to when he's going to join the dSLR club...

  6. Doesn't Jimmy have a D60? I sold him one before DEMA ...

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. James,

     

    Yeah, I think he got it as Anna has the Sea and Sea D60 housing and he wanted a second/back-up body. Can't wait to show them my Ikelite / Canon EOS300D set-up....

     

    Working as hard as they do, staying up on the latest equipment is difficult for them. No big deal as Eric, Jim Watt, Dave Fleetham and others have produced great images wiht the Canon D60.

     

    As we've discussed the last couple of days, it's more opportunity than what tool you have :) And they certainly get more opportunites than most of us!

     

    David Haas

  8. You'll love it Laz........I ended up buying a second D70 yesterday for Kimberly....I couldn't get it away from her!

     

    Now I've got to buy 2 housings.........double ouch!

     

    Karl

  9. Now I've got to buy 2 housings.........double ouch!

     

    And two sets of ports, and two sets of lenses (assuming that either of you doesn't share) :)

  10. "Honey, I want the 105 on this dive, hand it over!"

     

    "Oh, you'll be well acquainted w/ your hand if you don't give me that lens back!"

     

    Cheers

    James

  11. In the words of Foghorn LegHorn, "You're way off, I say you're way off!"

     

    I'm not using the Nikon for underwater photography. I just figured I'd keep the Nikon around my neck when I start telling people that I took a particular shot with a professional camera - they'll just assume it was the Nikon when it was really my itsy-bitsy Olympus.

     

    :)

  12. You'll love it Laz........I ended up buying a second D70 yesterday for Kimberly....I couldn't get it away from her!

     

    Now I've got to buy 2 housings.........double ouch!

     

    Karl

     

    LOL, :) WTG Karl and Congratulations to Kimberly on her new camera.

    Does this mean you'll be selling both the Coolpix and Olympus or are you going to be a double backup family? :)

     

    Gerb

  13. I've been tempted to buy a D70 so I could have one in a housing and one around my neck. But I know I'd end up buying a second housing. I am so far resisting the temptation.

  14. If I understand right you must now be headed for the Aquatica site to get the first D70 housing off the line too. Am I psychic? :)  

     

    And,...So you do work!LOL

     

    I think I like you Laz, I was just listening to Jimmy myself

     

    Of course I work! Otherwise the gallery on my web site would say "Today's photos" instead of "This Week's." :)

     

    Now the thing is I need to figure out is how to work as little as possible or maybe find a web design company that does grave yard shifts. That'll leave the day open for diving. Sleeping... Ahh, who needs it!

     

    The Jimmy Buffett concert yesterday was AMAZING! There were thousands of Parrotheads everywhere. Many of them flaunting some very funny costumes. Everyone friendly as can be (a rarity in Miami).. Everybody having a wonderful time.. I was one of the youngest in the crowd but I could sing his songs just as well as the older Parrotheads. What a blast! I've got no voice today but man was it worth it.

     

    Towards the end of the show he released a huge remote control zepplin of a shark and sang Fins! Everybody went crazy. Can't wait to do it again.

     

    ...Fins to the left.. fins to the right.. and you're the only bait in town!...

     

    Hmmm.. Sounds a lot like one of the awesome Abernethy shark trips.. :D

  15. Damn! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Why, oh why did I order it on Friday?!?! Next day air is really 3-day. Bahh-humbug!

     

    Tick..tock..tick..tock.. Maybe I should go to bed early so tomorrow gets here fast?!?! :)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.