Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

FOCUS LIGHT

Started by Arnie ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

FOCUS LIGHT

10 posts
  1. HI guys.

     

    Decide to invest in to focus light for 100mm macro lens.

    I woldime to hear some opinion for that.

    What maker. How strong at.

  2. I have a fisheye fix fir several years now and I'm happy with it. But if I were in the market today, I would look at the Light and Motion.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Vp H cmhb

  3. I have the Sola Photo 800...very happy with it.

  4. Hi,

     

    Unless you are into Video then you do not need a very stong one.

    The Focus light tends to spook the subjects the more the stronger it is.

    So, make sure that you can turn down the light.

    Something in the range of 600-800 Lumen is pretty much enough.

    I seldom use more than 2-300 lumen.

    I have an i-Torch with 600 lumen.

     

    /Erik

  5. I too am using the Sola photo 800 and have been pleased with it's performance using my 100mm macro.

     

    Steve

  6. OK. Thank for your help. now just chose between Sola and Light Motion.

     

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  7. Though it may sound unusual I would recommend you get yourself a Sola Dive 800 instead of the photo.

     

    You will find the red lights are not that useful after all and you can put a red filter on it for the very rare occasion you will need the red beam (mandarin fish for examples) whilst the fact that the light can change into spot means you don't need to carry a torch for night dives or spotting

  8. I use the red beam on my Sola 800 photo 90% of the time when I am night diving. It attracts way fewer bloodworms. Even when I might use the white light to look for creatures, I switch to red once I locate one. I find most creatures out at night tend to shy away from the white light more than the red.

    Edited by diverdoug1
  9. Another vote for the red light on the Sola. I use it much more than the white. Guess it might depend on where you dive but in warm water I love having the red to go to as Doug mentioned.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  10. http://www.laluzoptics.com/products.html

     

    Take a look at these lights. I've been very happy with the quality & performance of my L800 (now replaced by the L1000). 3 power settings, good battery life (separate charger), slip-on red filter.

    Great prices.

    Edited by jcclink
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.