Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

My Current (never say final!) Sony RX100 Mark II Photo Rig

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

My Current (never say final!) Sony RX100 Mark II Photo Rig

5 posts
  1. Can I ask you how you find the RX100 Mark II underwater?

    I am trying to choose betweent he following:

    The first set up is a RX100 II, with recsea housing, YS-D1, UWL-04 Fisheye Lens, bluewater +7 macro lens.
    The second is a XZ-2, Olympus housing, Z240, Inon wide angle and dome port. (maybe an Inon macro lens as well).

    And help would be greatly appreciated!

     

    P.S. your rig looks awesome

    Edited by JW8660
  2. I use mine mainly for video and I find it excellent

    This is my latest video

    I took some pictures in galapagos conditions were difficult

     

    Photo

    https://flickr.com/photos/36174644@N05/sets/72157644719557612

     

    The rx100 is better than the xz-2. I have a recsea housing for the S95 and I find nauticam superior. I also have the UWL-04 and i can tell you it's not the best for the Rx100 it's only good for close shots at small apertures but not sharp enough for ambient light shots and balanced light shots at less than f/8. Strobe wise I prefer inon as a past sea and sea user but with the rx100 the sea and sea work well. The difference in price between the YS-D1 and Z240 is fully justified by the fact that the aiming light on the z240 is great and had also a red filter the light on the D1 is crap so you will need a focus light for macro. My sola light is really only for night dives or wrecks in don't need it for close range work when I use the z240 in ttl/auto

  3. Thank you for sharing. Great setup you have and detailed explanation..just got a Mark III...

  4. Thank you for sharing. Great setup you have and detailed explanation..just got a Mark III...

    My lens suggestions won't apply. The closest is the Panasonic LX7 lens choices. The Mark III camera for underwater use is not really a good option I am afraid

    I was hoping for some better video but even that proved wrong so am hanging on the Mark II for both stills and video until the new Panasonic LX100

    From a still point of view I do not see a current compact beating the Sony RX100 Mark I or II

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.