I have sent my Nikon to the service center. I have just realised the the shutter count is still the same... It looks like they didn't reset the shutter count. Did this happen to you as well?
I have researched it but so far I didn't get a clear answer. I called Nikon service center but the operator had no clue.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Shutter replacement - shutter count not reset?
Started by haring ·
- 2Posts
- 2Replies
Read-only discussion
Shutter replacement - shutter count not reset?
-
-
In my Canon 5D MII I have an internal battery that many people don't realize exists. If you remove that and reinstall the battery it may reset your shutter count. I don't know if Nikon frowns on it from the standpoint you won't have an accurate count for the purposes of reaching the shutter lifetime limit. If they replaced the shutter mechanisim I don't see a problem with it but if you are selling it to another person they might not be happy with the fact that you reset the count. I would personally like to know the count. If the camera was overhauled you should include the maintenance that was done on it to both give an accurate history and show that you really are caring for your camera.
Just a thought.