Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help needed! RX100 II and XZ-2 any reviews or advice please

Started by JW8660 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Help needed! RX100 II and XZ-2 any reviews or advice please

1 posts
  1. Hi, I just wanted to ask people on their thoughts between two camera systems as I am undecided (and struggling) on what to pick!

    The first set up is a RX100 II, with recsea housing, YS-D1, UWL-04 Fisheye Lens, bluewater +7 macro lens.

    The second is a XZ-2, Olympus housing, Z240, Inon wide angle and dome port. (maybe an Inon macro lens as well).

    If it helps my main subjects will be sharks as I am going to a shark research station. I will use the camera mostly on boats and snorkeling on the surface, freediving with the camera and the occasional dive. I do also enjoy macro photography and that's why I've included the macro lenses.

    Also I wanted to ask if anyone can recommend any insurance company's as I will be away for just under 5 months and want to cover any camera gear, my laptop, etc.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.